Tuesday, April 26, 2005

April Showers?

If you look back a few days to my entry for April 18, you will see a bright sunny picture of my Spring Garden Yarn socks, in my garden...

Well, below is a picture of that same spot in the garden, taken Sunday morning, April 24! Pretty funny, eh? Or just Michigan - I guess we are used to it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Surprisingly, just two days later we are back to mid-50's for temperatures and warm sunshine, gentle breezes. Even the magnolia does not seem to have suffered loss to its gentle pink flowers, though it looked pretty sad on Sunday and I was certain it would be gone

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would love to recreate those colors in a roving...hmmm, might have to give it a try! Happily, my peach tree seems to have survived as well...you can just see the barest hint of the pink buds in this picture

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, we needed the moisture desperately and now things look so bright and green! AND the storm seems to have zapped the pesky bugs that had already hatched.

Look for the silver lining in every cloud ;)

No comments: