Mrs. Sensibility at Thimble Cottage tagged me for what is, I think, my first meme! Now this might sound silly but I am so touched by that! Seriously...like being picked for a tag team at school.
The meme is Six Quirky Things About Yourself and here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged me (Mrs. Sensibility)
2) Mention the rules
3) Tell six quirky yet boring things about yourself
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them
5) Go to each person's blog to let them know they have been tagged!
So here are my Six Quirky Things:
1) I generally require very little sleep ~ sometimes as little as a few hours a night for long periods of days
2) I am a very messy housekeeper (in fact, I use the term "housekeeper" very loosely when describing myself!!), yet I am obsessive about some things to do with housekeeping. Like, I try to hang all the clothes in my closet from smallest to largest (tank tops, short sleeves, long-sleeves. Skirts by length, then pants, then dresses) That kind of thing. I do the same when I hang clothes on the line - small things like washcloths, then towels by length. Tee-shirts then long-sleeved shirts)
3) I keep all of the clocks in my house (and in my vehicles) set a few minutes fast and most of them at different amounts of time. So one might be set 2 minutes fast, another 5 minutes fast - but none more than 10 minutes fast except my alarm clock, which is set 22 minutes fast. A habit which makes my husband somewhat crazy, but I think he is a little used to it now (grin) This trait developed in an effort to try and offset my chronic tardiness, something I have mostly overcome by the way. Still, I am used to the clocks all being off, so I haven't changed them.
4) I still keep loose change in a giant glass pig that my dad gave me a long time ago. I did this when I was a single, working mom and many were the time that glass pig provided my daughter and me with gas money or food money when we fell short. I only put pennies, nickels and some dimes in there. I know that God always provides for us now (didn't really realize it then!) but it is a habit I haven't wanted to break. My grandson loves it!
5) I have this weird thing about not totally filling up a vehicle with gas. Again, when I was a single working (and mostly poor!) mom I rarely had the money to fill a tank with gas. There were two times that I did, and both times, my vehicle quit (one time, the gas tank actually fell off!!!! Yes, I drove old vehicles...) So, I determined that filling a tank was not a good thing and I quit doing it. Again, like the clock habit, it has remained with me even though I drive a little bit nicer vehicle now ;)
6) Hmmm - oh, I know....nearly every night before I climb into bed, no matter what the time (see quirky thing #1 - LOL) I step outside for a breath of fresh air and a look around at the night sky. Even in the coldest of winter (though not always when it is raining) It is my way of telling God good-night and it feels like a good-night hug from Him. It is my reassurance.
Oh, there are lots of blogging friends I would like to tag. Let's see, I'll pick my quirky friend Denise; my knitting buddy Pam; my CA sister Carissa; my patriotic friend Kimberly; my daydreaming friend Donna and one of my northern shepherdess friends, Val
(I think that is six friends....is that six friends?)
Okay ~ now I am off to tell God goodnight. Thank you, Mrs. Sensibility, for tagging me and making me remember some of the things that make me who I am!