Sunday, July 27, 2008

My First Time Meme Tagged (I think)

Mrs. Sensibility at Thimble Cottage tagged me for what is, I think, my first meme! Now this might sound silly but I am so touched by that! Seriously...like being picked for a tag team at school.

The meme is Six Quirky Things About Yourself and here are the rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged me (Mrs. Sensibility)
2) Mention the rules
3) Tell six quirky yet boring things about yourself
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them
5) Go to each person's blog to let them know they have been tagged!

So here are my Six Quirky Things:

1) I generally require very little sleep ~ sometimes as little as a few hours a night for long periods of days
2) I am a very messy housekeeper (in fact, I use the term "housekeeper" very loosely when describing myself!!), yet I am obsessive about some things to do with housekeeping. Like, I try to hang all the clothes in my closet from smallest to largest (tank tops, short sleeves, long-sleeves. Skirts by length, then pants, then dresses) That kind of thing. I do the same when I hang clothes on the line - small things like washcloths, then towels by length. Tee-shirts then long-sleeved shirts)
3) I keep all of the clocks in my house (and in my vehicles) set a few minutes fast and most of them at different amounts of time. So one might be set 2 minutes fast, another 5 minutes fast - but none more than 10 minutes fast except my alarm clock, which is set 22 minutes fast. A habit which makes my husband somewhat crazy, but I think he is a little used to it now (grin) This trait developed in an effort to try and offset my chronic tardiness, something I have mostly overcome by the way. Still, I am used to the clocks all being off, so I haven't changed them.
4) I still keep loose change in a giant glass pig that my dad gave me a long time ago. I did this when I was a single, working mom and many were the time that glass pig provided my daughter and me with gas money or food money when we fell short. I only put pennies, nickels and some dimes in there. I know that God always provides for us now (didn't really realize it then!) but it is a habit I haven't wanted to break. My grandson loves it!
5) I have this weird thing about not totally filling up a vehicle with gas. Again, when I was a single working (and mostly poor!) mom I rarely had the money to fill a tank with gas. There were two times that I did, and both times, my vehicle quit (one time, the gas tank actually fell off!!!! Yes, I drove old vehicles...) So, I determined that filling a tank was not a good thing and I quit doing it. Again, like the clock habit, it has remained with me even though I drive a little bit nicer vehicle now ;)
6) Hmmm - oh, I know....nearly every night before I climb into bed, no matter what the time (see quirky thing #1 - LOL) I step outside for a breath of fresh air and a look around at the night sky. Even in the coldest of winter (though not always when it is raining) It is my way of telling God good-night and it feels like a good-night hug from Him. It is my reassurance.

Oh, there are lots of blogging friends I would like to tag. Let's see, I'll pick my quirky friend Denise; my knitting buddy Pam; my CA sister Carissa; my patriotic friend Kimberly; my daydreaming friend Donna and one of my northern shepherdess friends, Val
(I think that is six friends....is that six friends?)

Okay ~ now I am off to tell God goodnight. Thank you, Mrs. Sensibility, for tagging me and making me remember some of the things that make me who I am!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

seems we have some things in common! :) i used to drive hubby nuts with the clock thing too. i've stopped being as late since i've had kids so most of our clocks say the correct time now.

Deby said...

Carie, It was so nice to meet you yesterday. I would like to email you but need your email.
ocknitiots at gmail dot com
email me please.
Deby