Friday, October 14, 2005

Jacob Fleece

Lets face it - I love wool! All kinds ;) Of course my own breed of Corriedale is my favorite, but I also really enjoy a good Jacob fleece. I am lucky to know a young woman who raises Jacobs as a hobby. Some years I am fortunate enough to get a few good fleeces from her; some years I am not...like last year when the fleeces were stored wet in plastic bags and molded! 2005 was one of those fortunate years and I am afraid I may have gone overboard and brought home more fleece than I need. A familiar story...

This is a picture of one of the fleeces I am working on for myself right now - I love that raspberry rose color!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Great fleece. That last photo, though, is hysterical - the sort that makes you do a double take and wonder what on earth it is you're actually looking at :D

David said...

Hi there Cary, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wood working technique I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working technique. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wood working technique then drop by for a look.

David said...

Hi Cary, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on gun cabinet wood working plan when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for gun cabinet wood working plan. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about gun cabinet wood working plan at the site above.

Pamela said...

Love that last photo, but is it Art?

louisfisher4704 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog