Saturday, September 23, 2006

Feet To Prayers Questions

I am part of THREE new sock swaps this fall! Sock-ret Pal (starts in October); Harvest Sock '06 and the Feet To Prayers Swap/KAL/PAL (prayer-a-long). I am also Knittin' Mittens ;) You can read more about any of these swaps by following the links in my sidebar. All of these swaps and knit-a-longs in an effort to use up some of the yarn stash!

I have had so much fun with some previous sock and fiber swaps I have been in (and am really looking forward to these new ones!) that I am giving a try at being hostess to a small group (The Feet To Prayers). If all goes well, we may go "public" after the first of the year - LOL! Anyway, we had questions to answer to help our Sock Sisters get to know us better and I have posted my answers here. I thought it might help whoever is knitting FOR me in the Harvest Sock '06 Swap! (Sock-ret Pal will have its own questionnaire, I understand)

Here goes:

When is your birthday? ~ End of January

Do you spin your own yarn? If so, do you also like to work with raw fleece (washing, dyeing, carding) or only from prepared fibers (roving, top, batts) ~ Yes, I spin my own yarn, using a wheel (have never mastered the drop spindle!) I do all of the above.

What small projects do you like to make? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc ~ My very favorite thing in the world to make are socks. Lace patterns are my second favorite, so as you might guess, lace patterned socks are right at the top of the list!

What are your favorite scents? ~ I am allergic to an awful lot of scents, so don't usually purchase any. I do like citrus scents and also spicy scents (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger) Nothing flowery

Do you like stationary and cards? ~ Love them! When I was a child, a brand new notebook with blank sheets of paper or a really nice pen would keep me happy for days!

Do you like hand lotions or soaps? ~ Yes, but again, most scents bother me

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?~ I love them AND use...don't make them myself, but my daughter does

Do you collect anything? ~ Yarn (grin) No, really, I don't collect anything though I always love things that have sheep on them

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc.. ~ Some fragrances, as I said. And cigarette smoke really bother me

Do you have any hobbies? (besides knitting, of course!) ~ Gardening

Do you like scented or unscented candles? ~ Back to the scents thing - if I have a candle burning, it usually has a spicy or a citrus scent

Are there any books you are secretly wishing for? ~ No, or if there are probably to many to list!

Do you have a favorite Bible verse/story or character from the Bible? ~ My very favorite bible character is David. And Peter. Both flawed, both perfectly human but used and loved by God- made perfect by Him!
~ A scripture I love is Lamentation 3:21-26 "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD"

No comments: