Sunday, January 06, 2008

Quietness of Mind

Give us through the coming year quietness of mind ~
Teach us to be patient and kind.
And show us that in quietness we can feel Your presence near,
Filling us with joy and peace throughout the coming year.
~ Helen Steiner Rice


Photobucket

One of my favorite things about starting a new year is starting with a new calender. All of those pages waiting to be filled! As I take down my old calender, with its pages all marked up and littered with now past information and reminders, I am refreshed by all of those shiny, clean, hopeful new pages. So many possibilities!

My new desk calender is a Helen Steiner Rice calender and January's page starts with the quote above. So no resolutions for me this year, no determinations to accomplish things I know won't happen for me. Simply a prayer to never miss the opportunity for quietness to refresh me and prepare me those times in life that are not so quiet!

Happy New Year....

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Love the picture.

I'm a little behind on my blog reading. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed and healthy 2008.

Alpaca Granny said...

Cary, this shot is awesome...