Sunday, September 07, 2008

Close To My Heart....

There are people in our lives who make us better....who make our life easier and brighter...who share our laughter, our joys but often more importantly our sorrows and our trials...they are there to lend a helping hand when we need it, even when it is so hard to ask.

I am blessed to have many friends (and family!) like that. This week I was reminded of this when I was in need of help. I called on one of these very special friends and I didn't even have to say what it was that I needed. She simply said "I'll be there" Now this job was one of those physical labor jobs that leave you sweaty and smelling very much like sheep....with your boots covered with manure and your arms covered in bruises if you aren't careful and your back aching no matter how you do that job ((grin)). But my friend was there....



There you have it - her hand and mine, working together, sharing a task. Thank you, my Friend...more than you know!

I think it was especially important on this day to be doing a job that kept me busy and my mind occupied and to have a friend close by. It was a special day. My very precious grandsons first day of kindergarten. My heart....



I look at his face in this photo...so full of expectation and excitement and yes, nervousness, too. And I think of the life and spirit we are now intrusting to others... For some reason the enormity of this hits me more deeply now....His Mom (my daughter) and I have decided that the first two days weren't quite so bad. But then we both suddenly realized, after having him home this weekend, that he has to go back tomorrow!!! No, no, no...we aren't ready - LOL. But I think he is and since I can't convince his parents that having a grandmother homeschool him would be a good idea ((sigh)) I guess I have to let him go ;)

Don't I?

3 comments:

Lona said...

Never underestimate the power of a grandmother's prayers...

Unknown said...

it's so tough to see them go yet so fun to watch them grow.

Theresa said...

Your little guy is so cute and not so little. My girls began kindergarten this year too at home and are loving it. Anything big brother does is fun for them! :o)