Monday, October 13, 2008

Serene Sunday, a different view


I snapped a few other pictures on Sunday while I was over at the other place, from the east side of our woods. How about a trip with me down the lane to the Burnham Farm woods?

The colors here are brilliant and the sky was so blue as you can see in this next photo!

Here is some fall color of a different sort ~ many of my annuals are going crazy with the fall rains and warm weather we have been having. The intense blue of the salvia is amazing!

The picture is a bit fuzzy, but you get the idea.

Finally, I got to end my Sunday building our headless scarecrow with a special helper!


We're thinking he needs a bandana neckerchief and a pumpkin head....what do you think?

6 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful shots! Our leaves are changing but summer is making a return for the next 3 or so days!

Theresa said...

Amazing! This is so gorgeous! Love the scare crow and it looks like fun was had making it. Did you get my reply to your last email about the fleece? I hadn't heard from you so wasn't sure.

Pamala Rose said...

Looks like he (the headless guy, not your cute little helper) already ate the bowl full of candy.

Nana Sadie said...

You live in such a lovely place!
(((hugs)))

Alpaca Granny said...

I love your scarecrow! Does he have a head yet?

Joanne said...

Wonderful photos! Yes, a pumpkin head would look great on your scarecrow.