Wednesday, December 03, 2008

How Does December Come In?

You know that saying about March, "In like a lamb, out like a lion"? Well, what do they say about December? Because ours certainly came in like a lion!

It started late Sunday afternoon, the last day of November. The first photo below was taken around four in the afternoon, when I could barely see the barn looking out the back door! The rest of the photos were taken on Monday, the first day of December, after we had received around 4-inches of the glorious white stuff!!!














The forecast this afternoon (and for the rest of the week) is a new storm system to hit, bringing those of us in mid-Michigan another 6-12 inches of the white stuff. The western tip of the mitten may be blessed with as much as 20 inches more!!! Me, I love snow and hope we get it.

The other possibility is for that snow to reach us as rain....No thank you ;( Not in winter time! Winter is all about the snow for me!!!

But wait....we still have eighteen more days till winter "officially" arrives - LOL!

10 comments:

Joyce said...

That is so BEAUTIFUL! I love snow, too, though we don't receive much here in the Pacific Northwest.

BECKY said...

Wow!! Simply beautiful! We're a bit cool down here in FL, but nothing like that...blue skies and sunshine!!
Have a great evening!
Blessings,
Becky

Deborah said...

That looks so cold. I get my snow via reading the "Long Winter" in the Little House series. :)

Nana Sadie said...

I so love snow...what a glorious series of photos!!!
(stay warm!!)
(((hugs)))

Deborah said...

We got our broadband from Alltel and they are supposed to have coverage available across the U.S. Nice thing is the modem plugs into the USB port and you are done. You can switch it from computer to computer and even take it with you on the road.

Mia said...

We have seen flakes but no real snow yet. It is always lovely to look at so long as you are nice and warm inside.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures of Mid-michigan after the recent snow. My dear sweet Mama lives outside Mecosta (in Rodney) on a similar looking farm. She is an also and avid knitter; I will have to tell her about "Serenity Farms"...

Joanne said...

Wonderful pictures of the snow! I love seeing your farm. I have tagged you for a meme. You can find out about it on my blog under Don't Faint. If you don't do it, it is OK.

Nancy said...

It looks so peaceful....but I must admit to enjoying it more in your pictures than at my farm :)

Anonymous said...

You are very right