Saturday, July 23, 2011

Refreshing

I wrote earlier this week that I have some beautiful things to look at while I spin/read/pray/drink coffee on the back porch in the mornings (or any time) and I said I would show you ;)  Here is a small sample, hopefully without to many weeds peeking through!


I see this when I look to my left - a jumble of daylilies, Asiatic lilies, spiderwort, phlox, hosta and earlier in June a border of lavender.  These plants have become so thick that weeds don't have a chance!  Well, not much of one.
There was a time when I didn't care for these hot colors at all, but now I really enjoy them.  Can you believe the hot pink/magenta of those phlox?
 Now looking straight ahead off the porch, I can see sheep and ducks (most days deer and turkey, too) in the pasture where horses used to graze and beyond them the new hay field.  What, you can't see sheep in this fog?  LOL...it was a welcome relief to have it stay overcast for a while the other morning.

Between me and the barnyard is another flower bed, probably my favorite one.  It's small, but boy does it pack a punch!



Top: a new daylily "Beautiful Edgings"; Coneflower (I think called "Desert Sky") and more Asiatic lilies (I love those hardworking flowers!)  There is also more phlox, more lavender, some allium and Oriental lilies to come.
Then at the end of the day, this is what I have to show for my spinning on the porch - more Corriedale yarn from our flock, 2-ply, about 210 yards to add to the total spun for my future Currach Stole.
A good day.

2 comments:

Gail from Surrey said...

Thank you Cary, for sharing the photos of your beautiful gardens.

Lona said...

Lovely! How blessed you are...