Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Straw Or Gold?

Another favorite flower to share with you this morning, a hybrid lily.  It's a cross between the glorious Oriental Lily and the sturdy, prolific Asiatic Lily.  It's a real winner and I wish I had more of them in the garden, maybe next year.  Yesterday we counted nine open flowers and six buds waiting to open on one stalk!  The color and the perfume are divine.

It's much cooler this morning, thank you Lord!  78 degrees and a nice breeze compared to the mid-eighties and high humidity we have been waking up to.  I opened the front door to the breeze and stepped outside to enjoy these ~

Lavender in full flower outside my front door.  Ornamental grass rising up behind!
Some years I cut the lavender early, before it is fully open and dry it.  Some years, like this one, I just let it grown and enjoy it every time I step outside.  Me and the bees ;)

I'm really am glad it's cooler.  My kids will be here shortly to help with this:
2011 Straw
I better go get another cup of coffee and a piece of toast!

3 comments:

Kathy R said...

Lots of beauty surrounds you every day! That's wonderful!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous flowers and lavender. Hope your haying job went well. Think maybe you could send some of that cooler weather to TX??

Inky077 said...

I love the way you describe your life on the farm, and then mix it up with recipes, knitting, you have it all! I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. You can read about it here:

http://urbanmousecountryhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/versatile-blogger-award-kicking-and.html

Thanks for inspiring me!