Tuesday, November 20, 2018

With Wool In Hand - Ep 2 of the My Wool Mitten Podcast

So...have you heard?  Yes, we now have a podcast!  

You can find it on You Tube as My Wool Mitten and episode 2 is now up.  I decided it was easier for me to post show notes with links to patterns, producers and things mentioned on the episode here at the blog.  Of course, if you have any questions about anything you see there please feel free to contact me!

Tensho Sweater by Beatrice at Thread and Ladle .  I also want to knit her Ash Point Pullover!

I'm going to be doing a sweater test knit for Elly from Leaf Yarns and I'm so excited for that!  Elly dyes the most beautiful yarns, be sure to check them out as well as her podcast

Caroline at Honer och Eir - inspiring yarns, fibers and podcast on Patreon

Ali at Little Drops of Wonderful podcast and Ravelry group

Memory Keepers Hat turned cowl pattern by Lina-Knits (there is also a Memory Keepers Shawl, and Lina is hosting a KAL for the patterns in her Ravelry group and on her podcast). I made my cowl with our farm yarn "Wise Woman" along with yarn from Tiffany and Ethan at The Woolen Homestead 

MPG (multipurpose garment) cowl pattern by Emily at Fibre Town and her podcast, that you really must watch if you aren't already!  I will be giving away not one but TWO copies of this pattern - one from me, and one generously donated by Emily (thank you!) - for the next episode

Micron Testing for Wool (in case you're interested) here and here 

Louet S-17 spinning wheel (but any of the Louet wheels are good)

I think I remembered them all!  Thank you for watching the podcast and if you haven't already, please consider hitting the subscribe button there on You Tube and then the little bell that will notify you when I new episode is available x o


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so loving your videos Cary... thank you so much for taking the time to share and I so agree with you, even if the fleece is not what you wished, it can still be used in the garden as compost and the birds love it :) Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours... Maria

VaNella said...

I am enjoying your videos very much. The realities of sheep farming fascinate me. I also love spinning and knitting. You mentioned you need a pattern of a hood. Morehouse Farm has 2 cute ones. Here is the link to one of them. https://www.morehousefarm.com/product/headwrap/

judy said...

Just watched all your videos. I love them - so calming, which is unique and desirable. Keep them coming as long as you want. Found you from watching Ali @Little Drops of Wonderful😊